So, I have absolutely everything to be grateful for. A healthy family by far is the most important and really all it boils down to. But I guess it's only nature to almost lose it at times. Yeah - that was me last week. I think kindegarten coupled with trying to finish out the construction in the house and backyard almost put me over the edge. Or shall I say it put me in an "overwhelmed" state. On Wednesday of last week, I forgot to meet Claire at lunch for our Wednesday lunch date (along with several other smaller things I had forgotten). She eats at 10:40am and I just totally forgot to show up. Later that day, I got a voice message saying it was 11:00 and Claire was still waiting on me. They were going to let her go through the lunch line if I didn't come soon. Ummmm.... that means she had probably 5 minutes to stuff her face. I could just imagine her sitting there by herself with no food watching all her classmates eat. I beat myself up for 3 hours. When I picked her up from school that day my eyes were all puffy and red and tears were streaming down my face. She said "no big deal mom - I'm so excited because I got to buy my lunch for 2 DAYS IN A ROW!" She was thrilled and I was relieved. The girl doesn't forget ANYTHING so I figured she would be scarred for life. She is so grounded and resilliant which makes me so happy. I am in a much better mental state now. I am happy to report that all we have left to do is a little landscaping and the sealing of our pool deck. At this very moment I have no camera. Mine got chunked in the pool by one of my friends little boy... needless to say the warranty I bought on the camera from Best Buy does not cover water damage... shoot! I won't ever waste my money on one of their warranties anymore.... matter of fact, I don't think there is any reason to buy from Best Buy anymore.
Once my mom sends me pictures from Claire's birthday party I will update with pics. She had a great time. The weather had been horrible the whole week before. It was a little chilly and rainy. I couldn't believe the morning of her birthday party the sun came out and the kids were able to swim. We had a Sponge Bob Pinata which Claire loved... it was a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment