Me: Claire, I'm thinking about maybe signing up to be home room Mom. What do you think about that?
Claire: Nu uh.
Me: What?!?
Claire: Nu uh.
Me: Why? This means I would ge to spend lots more time with you and your new friends...
Claire: No mom, the kids will make fun of you!
Me: Why?!? I thought I was a pretty cool mom. I mean, I am cool right?!? Why wouldn't you want me to be there? I'm upset by this. Will you please re think this? I mean, if it's not me then it's going to be someone else's mom. Is that what you want?
Claire: Well.... you don't know what to do.
Me: Well, I'll figure it out (daddy adds in his few choice of words as well)
Claire: I don't know mom...(trying so hard at this point not to hurt my feelings)
Me: Well, if you don't want me there maybe I should go and get a job!?!
Claire: Yeah! OK! But, MAKE SURE you get off early cuz you have to pick me up - you can't be late!
Ok, I'm just not really sure how I feel about all this. Claire wants to wear her "most fancy" outfit tomorrow and she is going to pick out my "most fancy" outfit too. Tonight, she looks in the mirror at herself and smiles and says "i look soooo beautiful" and "i am so cool." This makes me smile inside. More than anything in this world I want my girls to KNOW they are beautiful inside and out and to be comfortable in their own skin. I never knew being a mommy would be so emotional!!! Arggghhhh...
Oh, pic of Claire & Dan at the Klein Bearkadette dance camp this summer. She won STAR DANCER of the whole Kindegarten class. There were approximately 25 kids in her class. Seriously, mamma was so proud. Uh huh.... I cried when they called her name.
1 comment:
Jen, I bet Meg and Emma will let you be room Mom. haaaa
that is so cute and I am crying reading it.
Nana
Post a Comment